Vacant Property Insurance in Westerville OH, Columbus OH & Surrounding Areas
When a home becomes vacant, a standard homeowners policy may give the carrier the right to cancel mid-term, lower coverage levels, or even deny a claim. In fact, many insurance companies don’t like to cover a vacant home because it is more likely to suffer certain kinds of damage, such as a break-in by kids or vagrants, or damage that grows to a large scale, for example a water leak that goes undetected.
When and why do you need a vacant policy?
- You own rental property and are between tenants
- You’ve moved for a new job but your house is unsold
- A property is undergoing renovations
- As executor, you are selling a house to close an estate
- 3, 6, or 12-month term options
- List of specific covered causes of loss
- Actual Cash Value loss settlement
- No age restriction
- Fair or better condition, showing proper maintenance
- Up to four-family Valued up to $500,000 (most states — $1M in a few)
- Vacant for less than 12 months (we must approve longer periods)
- Vacant manufactured homes and condominiums accepted
- Renovations in process are accepted without surcharge