Contact Us  Make a Payment  File a Claim

 Option1 - Stand-alone policy
 Coverage Highlights
  • 3, 6, or 12-month term options
  • List of specific covered causes of loss 
  • Actual Cash Value loss settlement
 Property Eligibility
  • No age restriction 
  • Fair or better condition, showing proper maintenance 
  • Up to four-family Valued up to $500,000 (most states — $1M in a few) 
  • Vacant for less than 12 months (we must approve longer periods) 
  • Vacant manufactured homes and condominiums accepted 
  • Renovations in process are accepted without surcharge
Option 2 – modify a rental or seasonal policy with Vacancy Permission
Adding the Vacancy Permission endorsement to a rental property or seasonal home insured modifies the policy to accommodate a temporary vacancy. Without this option, to maintain coverage you need to cancel the original policy, purchase a vacant policy, then go back to a regular policy when the vacancy ends. The Vacancy Permission endorsement eliminates that hassle. Keep in mind that the property must meet the other qualifications for the program in which it is insured.
When and why do you need a vacant policy?
• You own rental property and are between tenants
• You’ve moved for a new job but your house is unsold
• A property is undergoing renovations
• As executor, you are selling a house to close an estate

When a home becomes vacant, a standard homeowners policy may give the carrier the right to cancel mid-term, lower coverage levels, or even deny a claim. In fact, many insurance companies don’t like to cover a vacant home because it is more likely to suffer certain kinds of damage, such as a break-in by kids or vagrants, or damage that grows to a large scale, for example a water leak that goes undetected.

Frequently Asked Questions Entertainment Insurance
             T.A. Swain Insurance Group, LLC copyright 2016 all rights reserved  

News Center Privacy policy Insurance Glossary Important links Frequently asked questions Real Estate Investment Insurance Entertainment Insurance